Thursday, August 23, 2007

Antisoma's lung cancer drug shows promise

Filed under: , ,

Although I'm no fan of smoking, many of my friends are and I constantly have to ask them not to smoke in my presence. I sure hope none of them develop lung cancer, but if they do, chances are there will be a pharmaceutical drug soon that will help them fight it.

Aside from constantly extolling the virtues of remaining smoke-free, I like to research the drug industry's efforts to attack the next big ailment on the medical radar -- cancer fighting. I say an attitude of "cancer prevention" is much more doable (and way, way cheaper), but for some, treatment after the fact is the only thing going.

With that, Swiss company Antisoma has a new lung cancer drug that produced good final results in a patient trial. 's meant to treat? Lung cancer, of course.
Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments



Read More...

[Source: The Cancer Blog]

No comments: